School to School and Outreach Support
Castlebar School is an outstanding specialist primary school for children who have complex moderate to severe learning difficulties, including autistic spectrum conditions.
Our School to School Support is designed to provide bespoke training and outreach work for schools across Ealing and other local boroughs.
We provide a range of services to support SEND teaching and learning for staff and school leaders in the primary sector.
We can offer different levels of support and development in schools or can plan a package that is bespoke to your school development needs.
We host learning walks by appointment, where professionals can visit to see the school in action. This is an excellent opportunity to follow up on our training to see strategies in action or to focus on a particular aspect of teaching and learning or the curriculum.
Our Outreach Service is aimed at supporting mainstream schools with individual pupils and groups who have additional needs. During a visit to your setting we will offer advice and guidance in planning, differentiating and personalising the curriculum for your pupils with SEND. An opportunity will be given for staff members to visit Castlebar School to observe classroom practice and view resources.
Our work to support individuals and groups of children includes:
- Advice on classroom behaviour management, whole class interventions (e.g. use of reward systems), supporting children (including those with diagnoses of ADHD or ASD)
- Advice on maximising the use of TAs
- Modelling and advice on for example –use of Circle Time, Social Stories, work-stations, colourful semantics, visual timetables and the zones of regulation
- Advice and support with transition across key stages and between year groups
Each school will receive:
- A written report at the end of the visit with strategies and advice included
- Opportunities for observation in class and discussion with key individuals
- Invitation to visit Castlebar as a follow up
Our work at a whole-school level includes:
- Support with identifying staff professional development needs
- Bespoke packages of CPD to schools- Supporting the transfer of skills/strategies into the classroom
- Advice on developing whole school behaviour policy (encompassing positive handling, reward and sanction systems, whole school scripts, behaviour support plans)
- Use of Lesson Study approach to involve teachers in research and explore best approaches in practice to support progress for pupils.
- An introduction to Mindfulness for pupils with SEND
- Delivery of Autism Education Trust Schools Programme
We also have a Professional Development Programme, details of this programme are available in our ‘Professional Development’ section.
For further and if you are looking for support in a specific area please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org