School starts each day at 9am
School finishes each day at 3:05pm
Lunchtime: 12pm – 1pm
Attendance and Punctuality
Children should arrive to school at 8:55am.
Children can be collected from school at 3:15pm by parents.
School should be called by 8:30am if a child will be absent or late.
- We aim for 100% attendance
- Holidays in term time are not allowed
- Children should come into school following or before medical appointments
- Please follow the HPA Guidelines in the event of illness. The Guidelines can be found here.
- Please see our Attendance Policy for more information
Health and Safety
We take pupil security very seriously. School gates are closed at 9am and our children are supervised at all times.
Health Care Plan for children can be arranged as required and we liaise closely with parents and carers regarding any allergies, illness and prescribed medicines from the doctor.
Castlebar has a behaviour policy for the school and some pupils will have Behaviour Management Plans to help to structure their behaviour. Team Teach training for staff runs throughout the school so staff use practiced techniques to keep pupils safe should they become distressed.